Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/09/08 00:38:30 UTC

Proposing a Pig 0.9.1 release

I propose to create a Pig 0.9.1 release.  The main motivation behind this release is getting a version of Pig that works with Hadoop 0.20.204 out of the box.  It would also work with 0.20.2.  This would have all of the JIRAs that have been checked into the 0.9 branch post 0.9.0 [1].  I also propose to port patches from the following JIRAs to the branch before rolling a release:

PIG-2237: LIMIT generates wrong number of records if pig determines no of reducers as more than 1

PIG-2238: Pig 0.9 error message not useful as compared to 0.8

If they can be quickly resolved, I might also port:

PIG-2164: CombinerOptimizer exception with multi-query

PIG-2263: Different error messages in grunt mode and file mode

I would like to do this next week.  If there are other JIRAs that have a patch or you will be providing a patch for that you would like to port, please let me know so I can coordinate with you before starting the release process.

Alan.

[1]
PIG-2258: ant rpm doesn't work

PIG-2239: Pig should use "bin/hadoop jar pig-withouthadoop.jar" in bin/pig instead of forming java command itself

PIG-2231: Limit produce wrong number of records after foreach flatten

PIG-2221: Couldnt find documentation for ColumnMapKeyPrune optimization rule

PIG-2213: Pig 0.9.1 Documentation

PIG-2199: Penny throws Exception when netty classes are missing

PIG-2193: Using HBaseStorage to scan 2 tables in the same Map job produces bad data

PIG-2183: Pig not working with Hadoop 0.20.203.0

PIG-2102: MonitoredUDF does not work

PIG-2013: Penny gets a null pointer when no properties are set

PIG-1857: Create an package integration project

Re: Proposing a Pig 0.9.1 release

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
I'm good with that idea.
Will vote on actual release when we have actual candidate.