Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by void pointer <rc...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/01 16:55:14 UTC

Re: "Decompression of svndiff data failed"

Weird, now I'm getting this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./fsfsverify.py", line 1134, in <module>
    options.dumpWindows)
  File "./fsfsverify.py", line 571, in verify
    svndiff = Svndiff(f, self.length)
  File "./fsfsverify.py", line 461, in __init__
    (self.startingOffset)
__main__.InvalidSvndiffHeader: Invalid svndiff header at offset 15639751

I got this when I was running the fsfsverify.py script without the -f
switch.

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM, John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:59 PM, void pointer <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, when I run svnadmin verify, I get this:
>> svnadmin: Corrupt representation '54 15639745 1098147 2113536
>> 7ce69b35ce9d74eac37901010cfb7c1f'
>> svnadmin: Malformed svndiff data in representation
>
> Right.  Some people are unfortunate enough to have multiple errors in
> your rev.  I've had to run it upwards of 14 times to fix all the
> errors.  And, there are some that fsfsverify won't fix (it'll attempt,
> but ultimately fails).
>
> To answer several of your questions:
>  1) Why doesn't fsfsverify fix all the errors?  Because it really
> can't proceed once it finds the first corruption.  It could attempt to
> fix and reparse, but I prefer to be in control of how many times the
> tool is run.
>
>  2) Are you screwed?  Probably not.  It may take several attempts
> before fixing all the errors.  Additionally, there may be errors in
> other revisions.  Is svnadmin failing in the same revision as before?
>
> I can probably take a quick look at the revision, but you need to get
> it to me ASAP as I'm at a conference, and will be leaving in a short
> while.  If the file is big, post it somewhere and give me a url,
> otherwise email it directly to me.

I should add: send me the original file (the one you backed up before
running fsfsverify).

-John

Re: "Decompression of svndiff data failed"

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.

Posted by void pointer <rc...@gmail.com>.