Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Iman E <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2011/02/06 23:35:32 UTC

Question: svn error when trying to build pig

Hi all,
Whenever I try to build jar file for pig after making some updates to the pig
code, I these lines  in the build result

    [echo] svnString svn: This client is too old to work with working copy
'/PigHome/src/org/apache/pig/backend/hadoop/executionengine/mapReduceLayer'.
You need
     [echo] to get a newer Subversion client, or to downgrade this working copy.
     [echo] See http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#working-copy-format-change
     [echo] for details.

Even though the build is successful and the jar file is created. When I try to
run pig, I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/pig/Main
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.pig.Main
Caused by: java.io.IOException: invalid header field
 at java.util.jar.Attributes.read(Attributes.java:389)
 at java.util.jar.Manifest.read(Manifest.java:234)
 at java.util.jar.Manifest.<init>(Manifest.java:52)
 at java.util.jar.JarFile.getManifestFromReference(JarFile.java:160)
 at java.util.jar.JarFile.getManifest(JarFile.java:146)
 at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader$2.getManifest(URLClassPath.java:693)
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:221)
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:56)
 ... 6 more
Could not find the main class: org.apache.pig.Main.  Program will exit.

I tried reverting to the original code from trunk for all the java files that I
have changed in org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer,
but it did not fix the problem. I have not actually experiencing this problem
before. I was able to add code and build the pig jar file and use it. I am not
sure what triggered it. I also tried to move to the most reacent build from the
trunk and once I add my code I started getting the same error.

I would really appreciate any idea to how to fix this problem.
Thanks
Iman