Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/19 13:53:27 UTC

Tuning Apache Traffic Server

I'd like to start a discussion regarding tuning ATS for specific
installations.  I currently don't know exactly what I'm doing and would
appreciate the help.

However, I'm more than happy to document my work and perhaps the Wiki would
be a more appropriate place than this mailing list for asking questions
about specific configuration directives.

Once more, thanks for all the work!  No offense to anyone, but I'm reminded
of my first experience with Oracle years ago.  Running a default Oracle
install is essentially foolishness, but once you tune the memory, SQL query
parameters, etc. it really starts to fly.

What do you think?

Thanks In Advance,

Adam W. Dace <co...@gmail.com>

Phone: (815) 355-5848
Microsoft Messenger - colonelforbin74@live.com <ad...@turing.com>

Google Profile: https://plus.google.com/u/0/109309036874332290399/about

Re: Tuning Apache Traffic Server

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On Sep 19, 2013, at 4:53 AM, Adam W. Dace <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to start a discussion regarding tuning ATS for specific installations.  I currently don't know exactly what I'm doing and would appreciate the help.

The major tuning would be to set the anticipated object size, which helps get the best cache utilization. I checked the records.config documentation for the settings, but came up short. Leif can give you more info ...