Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kay <go...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/03 01:44:17 UTC

ignite node heap size

Hello, I have 4 nodes for server node and I'd like to allocate 4G each node.
but I don't know how to calculate heap size set for each node of percentage.

what percentage is proper for node (JVM -Xmx) if I use only off-heap cache.

Is there any best practice for heap size for node?? or reference link??

I'll wait for reply.
Thank you so much .

Re: ignite node heap size

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
As Ilya suggested start with 2GB per server node. Then do the load testing
of your cluster using basic operations you suppose to have in prod. The
testing will show if you need to increase or decrease the heap size and to
which degree.

-
Denis

Re: ignite node heap size