Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Kawthar Bt M Sulaiman <mk...@maxis.com.my> on 2004/04/16 09:08:00 UTC

Classpath in Win2K

I've setup my classpath in Win2K environment, but when
I type set classpath in my prompt window, it was not displayed
and got truncated.  When I ran the program, it cannot find
my log4j classes.  Is there a length limitation on setting the
classpath in Win2K?

Thanks,
--Kawthar

Confidential information may be contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it ('Message'). If you are not the addressee indicated in this Message (or responsible for delivery of this Message to such person), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any part thereof is strictly prohibited. In such a case, you should delete this Message immediately and advise the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this Message that do not relate to the official business of Maxis shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Maxis.

Re: Classpath in Win2K

Posted by Robert Pepersack <rp...@mdinsurance.state.md.us>.
I use W2K and I've never run into this problem.  What command are you using
to set the classpath in the command window?  You could try putting the
commands in a batch file.  If you're running it inside a server, then make
sure that the log4j classes are in the server's classpath.

Bob

At 03:08 PM 04/16/2004 +0800, you wrote:

>I've setup my classpath in Win2K environment, but when
>I type set classpath in my prompt window, it was not displayed
>and got truncated.  When I ran the program, it cannot find
>my log4j classes.  Is there a length limitation on setting the
>classpath in Win2K?
>
>Thanks,
>--Kawthar
>
>Confidential information may be contained in this e-mail and any files
>transmitted with it ('Message'). If you are not the addressee indicated in
>this Message (or responsible for delivery of this Message to such person),
>you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing or
>copying of this Message or any part thereof is strictly prohibited. In
>such a case, you should delete this Message immediately and advise the
>sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in
>this Message that do not relate to the official business of Maxis shall be
>understood as neither given nor endorsed by Maxis.

Bob Pepersack
410-468-2054