Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/04 21:30:35 UTC

Re: example of non-line oriented input data?

FYI, one thing we’ve added now is support for reading multiple text files from a directory as separate records: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/327. This should remove the need for mapPartitions discussed here.

Avro and SequenceFiles look like they may not make it for 1.0, but there’s a chance that Parquet support with Spark SQL will, which should let you store binary data a bit better.

Matei