Posted to user@flume.apache.org by chen dong <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/12 03:32:35 UTC

Is Flume suitable for this use case?

Hi guys,

I am trying to load data from a web service which uses SOAP to HDFS.

The service needs username and password to get a token back and then using
WSDL - web service definition language to get the data back.

Is it a use case for FLUME?
I am quite a newbie to Flume and hope get your answer from this,

Thanks

Re: Is Flume suitable for this use case?

Posted by Gonzalo Herreros <gh...@gmail.com>.
I think you should be able to do it using an Http source with a custom
handler that understands SOAP.
If not, then you need to create a plugin where you extend the standard http
source

Regards,
Gonzalo