Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by samjoe9998 <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/28 14:58:38 UTC

Will Servicemix 4.0 run on top of Equinox?

We use Servicemix 3, we really excite about the product. We plan to move to
Servicemix 4 in the future. Our concern is whether Servicemix 4 can run on
top of Equinox.

Is that possible for us to swap Felix to Equinox without impacting
Servicemix 4 when the product released?

Thanks a lot,
Sam.

Re: Will Servicemix 4.0 run on top of Equinox?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
SMX4 requires JDK 5, not 6.
The problem is cause by a missing dependency afaik, but it should have been
solved now.

On Nov 28, 2007 4:08 PM, samjoe9998 <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks, gnodet. This is really great. We will feedback what we found on
> Equinox. I am trying to build SMX4 but failed due to the bundle libraries
> missing in Maven central repository. See,
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Building-SMX4-failed.-Missing-org.apache.servicemix.bundles%3Aorg.apache.servicemix.bundles.cxf%3Ajar%3A2.0.2...-tf4889048s12049.html
> . By the way, does SMX4 only run on top of JDK 1.6?
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, ServiceMix 4 should be able to work on any OSGi R4 container.
> > We use Felix because it's a product from Apache and so we do not have to
> > care
> > about licensing issues whereas Equinox is only binary compatible with
> ASL.
> >
> > ServiceMix default distribution will embed Felix and use it to launch
> the
> > OSGi runtime,
> > but all the bundles should be able to be deployed on top of Equinox or
> > Knopflerfish.
> > You'd be welcome to test those and provide feedback.
> >
> > On Nov 28, 2007 2:58 PM, samjoe9998 <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> >> We use Servicemix 3, we really excite about the product. We plan to
> move
> >> Servicemix 4 in the future. Our concern is whether Servicemix 4 can run
> >> on
> >> top of Equinox.
> >>
> >> Is that possible for us to swap Felix to Equinox without impacting
> >> Servicemix 4 when the product released?
> >>
> >> Thanks a lot,
> >> Sam.
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Will Servicemix 4.0 run on top of Equinox?

Posted by samjoe9998 <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, ServiceMix 4 should be able to work on any OSGi R4 container.
We use Felix because it's a product from Apache and so we do not have to
care
about licensing issues whereas Equinox is only binary compatible with ASL.

ServiceMix default distribution will embed Felix and use it to launch the
OSGi runtime,
but all the bundles should be able to be deployed on top of Equinox or
Knopflerfish.
You'd be welcome to test those and provide feedback.

On Nov 28, 2007 2:58 PM, samjoe9998 <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> We use Servicemix 3, we really excite about the product. We plan to move
> Servicemix 4 in the future. Our concern is whether Servicemix 4 can run on
> top of Equinox.
>
> Is that possible for us to swap Felix to Equinox without impacting
> Servicemix 4 when the product released?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Sam.

Cheers,