Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com> on 2003/11/26 13:28:26 UTC

[onClick capture] Immediate checkbox processing

Hi,

What would be the best way to immediately process the onClick / select
action on a checkbox so that it goes to the server right away to be
processed.
Looking at the @Checkbox html code there is no href to use (or at least
not on my page).
Do I 'manually create a href through js or am I missing something obvious?

TIA,
Fermin DCG

Re: [onClick capture] Immediate checkbox processing

Posted by "Kevin C. Dorff" <kd...@dorffweb.com>.
I would say, in general, doing a submit after every change, text field,
any input is a bad idea. You application performance will go right into
the toilet even on a fast network.

Train your users to fill in the form and click "Save Changes" or "Cancel
Changes".

Kevin

Posted by John Meredith <ps...@t-online.de>.
Possibly related, but something I've always thought would make web-apps
more user-friendly would be to persist forms if a user partially or
fully fills in a form (without submission), then side-tracks to another
page before returning to the form (filled in with the previously entered
data). I'm not quite certain how one would go about implementing it
though :-)

  - John

John Meredith <ps...@t-online.de>

Re: [onClick capture] Immediate checkbox processing

Posted by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <da...@xsall.nl>.
Forgot about that, thx.

Posted by John Meredith <ps...@t-online.de>.
Hi,