Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ivan Latysh <iv...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/13 16:16:56 UTC

XPath 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 on JCR

Jukka Zitting wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Ivan Latysh <iv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a Saxon adapter that allow you to run full XPath 2.0 and XQuery 1.0
>> on JCR. The only caveat is the speed, since adapter uses JCR API only.
>
> Would you be interested in contributing that to Jackrabbit or making
> it available elsewhere as open source? I have a number of use cases
> where I'd appreciate more expressive query capabilities even if they
> don't perform as well as native queries.

   The decision to make it open-source has been made, thanks to RefinedData Inc.
for the contribution. Now I need to talk to Michael Key, if he would like to
take it on board, since it is Saxon based solution.

   Adapter allows to mix JCR XPath, direct node retrieval by UUID and Saxon
XPath 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 to achieve optimal performance. We are using it in
production for reporting.

   I will keep you posted.

--
Ivan Latysh