Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/11 09:46:53 UTC

hadoop web UI security

Hello friends i m using the below configuration to hide hadoop web UI  the
problem is that when i access

http://192.34.8.8:50070/    it  works properly and blocks access but when i
use

http://192.34.8.8:50070/dfshealth.jsp?user.name=blahblahh(anyusername)......
it failes and allows access even if i set my signature
username as hadoopuser

its allowing  access for any  username

<property>
<name>hadoop.http.filter.initializers</name>
 <value>org.apache.hadoop.security.AuthenticationFilterInitializer</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hadoop.http.authentication.type</name>
 <value>simple</value>
</property>

<property>
 <name>hadoop.http.authentication.token.validity</name>
 <value>60</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hadoop.http.authentication.signature.secret.file</name>
<value>/home/hadoop/hadoop-0.23.3/conf/security/username</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hadoop.http.authentication.cookie.domain</name>
<value>
</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hadoop.http.authentication.simple.anonymous.allowed</name>
<value>false</value>
</property>

Re: hadoop web UI security

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.
Ohh god i think i have messed up!!!!!! badly............  I think my only
option is to go for custom writing an AuthenticatorHandler as mentioned
here http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/HttpAuthentication.html
does anyone know any links on how to do it......

 Thanks a lot harsh...........

Re: hadoop web UI security

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: hadoop web UI security

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: hadoop web UI security

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: hadoop web UI security

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: hadoop web UI security

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: hadoop web UI security

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.
any hints hadoopers we have a prod deployment today & my manager is
killling me .......................[?][?]

Re: hadoop web UI security

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J