Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by GUERARD Elisabeth <el...@europarl.europa.eu> on 2007/06/12 16:30:33 UTC

question about use Constant timer with authentification via form: The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded.

Dear all,

A question:

Here an web application must be tested by using JMETER, this web
application uses the authentification by form, it means

Called a page   /MyProject/j_security_check

and send the following parameters with the request

   - j_username
   - j_password

After this request a constant timer needs to be defined about 300
milliseconds otherwise the following error appears:

Load time: 15
HTTP response code: 408
HTTP response message: The time allowed for the login process has been
exceeded.
If you wish to continue you must either click back twice and re-click
the link you requested or close and re-open your browser

Is it the way to process with a constant timer?
Thank you in advance for suggestion ,
Eli

Re: question about use Constant timer with authentification via form: The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded.

Posted by gianni_leuani <gi...@yahoo.com>.

GUERARD Elisabeth wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> A question:
>
> Here an web application must be tested by using JMETER, this web
> application uses the authentification by form, it means
>
> Called a page   /MyProject/j_security_check
>
> and send the following parameters with the request
>
>    - j_username
>    - j_password
>
> After this request a constant timer needs to be defined about 300
> milliseconds otherwise the following error appears:
>
> Load time: 15
> HTTP response code: 408
> HTTP response message: The time allowed for the login process has been
> exceeded.
> If you wish to continue you must either click back twice and re-click
> the link you requested or close and re-open your browser
>
> Is it the way to process with a constant timer?
> Thank you in advance for suggestion ,
> Eli

I don't think its a Constant Timer, I think it needs an HTTP Cookie Manager
with the default policy.  The web-service would like to know that your
"browser" is still signed-in, and so its looking for a cookie that has to be
set.  :working:
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/question-about-use-Constant-timer-with-authentification-via-form%3A-The-time-allowed-for-the-login-process-has-been-exceeded.-tf3907894.html#a13103924