Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Gene Holmerud <ge...@cox.net> on 2005/06/09 19:30:37 UTC

Created accessor/mutator methods for attributes

Vaguely related to: How to limit the range of the integer type

I noticed his compile created a "get" method for his attribute value.  My
compiles, instead, yield only methods such as get/setYTDRENTArray.  This,
in turn, gives me strings of XML snippits that look like "<xml-fragment
year="1990">4200</xml-fragment>" rathar than the values "1990" and/or
"4200".

I used getMethod(Reflection) to see what methods are generated as well a
scaning the generated source.  Is there a way to get/set the values
directly?

My .xml file is structured as (excerpted for readability):
<HOUSES xmlns="http://HOUSES">
    <HOUSE>
       --some other (non-repeating) elements--
       <YTD_RENT year="1990">4200</YTD_RENT>
       --about 15 more of the above thru year="2005"--
    </HOUSE>
    --repeats of other houses--
</HOUSES>

My schema (full copy attached) is structured:

<xs:schema ...
    <xs:element name="HOUSES">
		<xs:complexType>
		      <xs:sequence>
         			<xs:element name="HOUSE" type="hse:houseElement"
minOccurs="8"
maxOccurs="8"/>
			</xs:sequence>
    <xs:complexType name="houseElement">
       <xs:sequence>
          --the non-rpeating elements as type="xs:string"---
          <xs:element name="YTD_RENT"      type="yr:ytdRentElement"
minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
	</xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
    <xs:complexType name="ytdRentElement">
       <xs:simpleContent>
          <xs:extension base="xs:string">
             <xs:attribute name="year" type="xs:ID"/>
          </xs:extension>
       </xs:simpleContent>
    </xs:complexType>
</xs:schema>

Gene

Created accessor/mutator methods for attributes

Posted by Gene Holmerud <ge...@cox.net>.