Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Thomas Rammer <th...@i-med.ac.at> on 2005/12/06 11:20:45 UTC

copying one lenya publication to another?

Hi,

I'd have a question: Does someone of you know how to copy an entire
lenya publication (including content as well as users, priviliges, ...)?

I already tried to copy the entire content of
C:\Programme\Apache\Tomcat_5.0\webapps\lenya from one machine to
another. Then I cleared tomcats cash by deleting the contents which lay
in C:\Programme\Apache\Tomcat_5.0\work\Catalina\. Finally, I started up
tomcat again.
(I know that I don't need to copy the entire directory described above,
but it was just giving it a try)

The result:
I can startup the "foreign" publication on my system, but I get some
problems concerning the workflow. So for instance: I have 3 additional
pages in my new copied version. Two of them are able to be published /
unpublished, but one page may be unpublished once. After this it is out
of the live area but the workflow for this document still says it may be
deaktivated...
When deaktivating again I get the following error ->
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: java.lang.ClassCastException

Does someone of you know what I am doing wrong - I couldn't find any
kind of related topics yet =(.

Thanks for your help!

with best regards

Tom

PS: the problem with the workflow even seems to happen when I don't copy
publications but just work with one publication a bit longer...? - sorry
for any circumstances!