Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Patrick LeBoutillier <pa...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/12 20:24:09 UTC

Perl module requiring mod_perl

Hi,

I am writing a Perl module the requires mod_perl to run. What I would like
to do detect if mod_perl is installed (and the appropriate version) directly
from Makefile.PL (PREREQ_PM).

I'm thinking maybe a ModPerl.pm module could be added to the mod_perl
distro that could contain that current mod_perl version. Like this:

  package ModPerl ;
  $ModPerl::VERSION = ' 1.99_16' ;

Then one could say, in Makefile.PL:

  use ExtUtils::MakeMaker ;
  WriteMakefile(
      NAME              => 'Apache::Whatever',
      VERSION_FROM      => 'Whatever.pm',
      PREREQ_PM         => {ModPerl => '1.99_16'},
  );

Any comments/alternatives ?

Patrick
--
=====================
Patrick LeBoutllier

Re: Perl module requiring mod_perl

Posted by Michael Schout <ms...@gkg.net>.
Patrick LeBoutillier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing a Perl module the requires mod_perl to run. What I would like
> to do detect if mod_perl is installed (and the appropriate version) directly
> from Makefile.PL (PREREQ_PM).

just put something like this in PREREQ_PM

mod_perl => '1.9916'

That will require mod_perl v1.99_16 or later.

Regards,
Michael Schout