Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Peter Klotz <pe...@blue-elephant-systems.com> on 2006/03/30 18:48:51 UTC

JmsSenderComponent and ReplyTo

Hi,

can one define a JMSReplyTo destination in a message sent by the
JmsSenderComponent and have it wait on a return message from this replyTo
destination before returning a reply?

Does anybody have an example of how to do something like this?

What is the difference between JmsSenderComponent and JmsOutBinding as both
inherit from OutBinding?

I still have the problem how to create a synchronous request-reply interaction
with JMS in ServiceMix.

servicemix-http ---> JMSSenderComponent --> request.queue
                <---                    <-- response queue (replyTo?)

Both components the HTTP-Server as well as the JMS Sender are of course running
inside ServiceMix. But how can I achieve that a HTTP request is send to a JMS
sender and a reply is returned as the response of the initial HTTP request?
The only way this could work IMHO would be that the JMS Sender sets a replyTo
attribute in the JMS message and listens on this, but I cannot find this in the
code. I could not yet figure out how to extend this potentially if
servicemix-jms does not provide this functionality yet.
Do I have to sub-class JmsSenderComponent or JmsOutBinding and how can I use
them later-on?

> What component do you use ?  The servicemix-jms component can handle
> in-out MEP so there should be no problem with it...

When I look at the servicemix-jms components in/out refers to someone sends a
JMS message from the outside into servicemix and gets a reply out. Also The
InBinding allow so send something into SM without response and the OutBinding
allows to send from SM to the outside a JMS message. Now what is missing and is
exactly what I need and that is I send a JMS message from SM to the outside, the
outside replies to SM and this reply should be handled synchronously. For
example using the JMSReplyTo mechanism.

I this is really missing as I assume, I'd be willing to help and create it, I
just need a little help as I'm new to ServiceMix and especially to Spring.

Thanks, Peter

Re: JmsSenderComponent and ReplyTo

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Opps, sorry, the replyToDestination is not configurable, but is
created using a temporary queue / topic.  But the servicemix-jms
component do handle in-out MEPs :)

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.