Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "A. H. W. Kong" <ah...@ahwkong.com> on 2004/01/08 11:09:21 UTC

About mod_auth_ldap and openldap

Hi, all,

I am using  httpd-2.0.48 with openldap-2.0.27. I  have defined a
<Location> directive as such:

<Location /abc>
    Dav on
    AuthType Indexes
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName DAV
    AuthLDAPURL "ldap://192.168.0.25"
    require valid-user
</Location>

A minor problem I found is : if I used double-qoute around DAV in the
AuthName line, the httpd will complaint about the next line,
AuthLDAPURL, of having a invalid URL.  But I guess it is acutally legal
to use double-qoute around the authname value, right?

The actual problem I have is: when I type http://my_server/abc, the
webbrowser will prompt me for a user and and password. Then the
hourglass keeps turning until timeout. I found not log in httpd.log or
ldap to directly indicate any errors. I wonder how I can trun on more
debug message, and how I can go about to debug the mod_auth_ldap modules?

Regards,

Anthony