Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Arun Wagle <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/27 22:01:29 UTC

Issue regarding refresh a wicket page portlet in Jetspeed portal

Hello ,

I have an issue with refreshing the portlet in jetspeed. I will try to
explain the issue below

I have a navigation in Jetspeed which point to a psml file. This psml file
will bring up a wicket portlet.

In the wicket portlet, I am having multiple pages.
So when we click on the navigation link(psml url), I get to the home page of
the wicket portlet.
I do some action on the home page(Page A) and then use setResponsePage
method of the Component class to redirect to a different page(Page B)

Now when I click on the navigation page again, instead of going to the home
page(Page A) it goes to the Page B directly.

I want that whenever I click on the navigation link (which points to a psml
file), it should always go to home page(Page A) and not to any intermediate
page (Page B in this case)
I think what is happenning here is, whenever I click on the navigation link,
the last rendered response is rendered by the portlet.

Let me know if more details are needed.

Regards,
Arun Wagle

Re: Issue regarding refresh a wicket page portlet in Jetspeed portal

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Arun:
See my comment.

On Wed May 27,2009 04:01 pm, Arun Wagle wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I have an issue with refreshing the portlet in jetspeed. I will try to
> explain the issue below
>
> I have a navigation in Jetspeed which point to a psml file. This psml file
> will bring up a wicket portlet.
>
> In the wicket portlet, I am having multiple pages.
> So when we click on the navigation link(psml url), I get to the home page of
> the wicket portlet.
> I do some action on the home page(Page A) and then use setResponsePage
> method of the Component class to redirect to a different page(Page B)
>
> Now when I click on the navigation page again, instead of going to the home
> page(Page A) it goes to the Page B directly.
>
> I want that whenever I click on the navigation link (which points to a psml
> file), it should always go to home page(Page A) and not to any intermediate
> page (Page B in this case)
> I think what is happenning here is, whenever I click on the navigation link,
> the last rendered response is rendered by the portlet.

I agree with you here. The last url is the render response,
and it gets reloaded when you refresh. It sounds a bit strange (at least to me);

Any how, I think this can be done with javascript, by modifying the
variable window.location.href . I haven't tested this.

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Arun:

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Arun: