Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/09 18:11:19 UTC

does solr have a mechanism for intercepting requests - before they are handed off to a request handler

hello all,

does solr have a mechanism that could intercept a request (before it is
handed off to a request handler).

the intent (from the business) is to send in a generic request - then
pre-parse the url and send it off to a specific request handler.

thank you,
mark

Re: does solr have a mechanism for intercepting requests - before they are handed off to a request handler

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
I'm doing something like that by hacking SolrRequestParsers, I tried to
find more legal way but haven't found it
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-dev/201202.mbox/%3CCAF=Pa597RpLjVWZbM=0AKTJHPneA4m931j0S1s4BdA4qE+TD1g@mail.gmail.com%3E

I added <solrRequestParsers> into solrconfig.xml
https://github.com/m-khl/solr-patches/commit/f92018818b20d79b01d795f2c52446b499023dd8#diff-4

Also, have you considered j2ee's webapp servlet filters?

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 9:11 PM, geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hello all,
>
> does solr have a mechanism that could intercept a request (before it is
> handed off to a request handler).
>
> the intent (from the business) is to send in a generic request - then
> pre-parse the url and send it off to a specific request handler.
>
> thank you,
> mark

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Lucid Certified
Apache Lucene/Solr Developer
Grid Dynamics

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
 <mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: does solr have a mechanism for intercepting requests - before they are handed off to a request handler

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
Why not wrap the call into a service and then call the right handler?

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM, geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hello all,
>
> does solr have a mechanism that could intercept a request (before it is
> handed off to a request handler).
>
> the intent (from the business) is to send in a generic request - then
> pre-parse the url and send it off to a specific request handler.
>
> thank you,
> mark

Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com