Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Sven Wesley <sv...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/04 00:40:23 UTC

Best approach to implement new payment method

My client has an agreement with a billing and payment service provider. They
have a web service I should communicate with (SOAP) and there are some steps
involved in the payment where they take care of the ecnomical part but I
need to show all the data. For example if the customer decides to use a
payment plan following should occur.

Req 1: Send customers data to the payment service
   Returns if the customer is creditable, and a basic payment plan.
Req 2: Send an accept request for the given payment plan
   Returns an agreement as PDF (embedded in the message) and some additional
data.

When the second response has returned, I can finalize the order. They also
take care of standard billing, so we don't need to do the paper work. It's
just another SOAP request, but the same flow will occur.

So, this is my first real life ofBiz project and I'm not really comfortable
yet in the logic. Java coding is not a problem though, so I appreciate some
suggestions from you experienced guys. What is the best choice of
strategy/implementation?

Regards,
Sven

Re: Best approach to implement new payment method

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
take a look at the third party payment systems in accounting for flow.
you may have to expand the services like I did for subscription in a
payment provider.

the code probably will not help, just the calls to the payment gateways.
Looks at using the Agreements entity.

Sven Wesley sent the following on 12/3/2008 3:40 PM: