Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/05/14 14:35:14 UTC

Aggregate and redesign modules for ShardingSphere 5.x

Hi all,

Apache ShardingSphere has lots of new features for new version 5.x.
It is better to aggregate and redesign modules.

The current modules are:
```
shardingsphere-spi
shardingsphere-sql-parser
shardingsphere-database-protocol
shardingsphere-underlying
sharding-jdbc
sharding-proxy
sharding-core
sharding-spring
sharding-orchestration
sharding-opentracing
sharding-metrics
sharding-transaction
sharding-scaling
master-slave-core
encrypt-core
shadow-core
control-panel
shardingsphere-integration-test

```

There are serval points need to be adjusted:

1. There are 2 diff prefixes for `shardingsphere` and  `sharding` we need
to unify. `sharding` is a feature name, and `shardingsphere` is too long,
so I prefer remove all prefixes.
2. We have lots of features and may add more, so it is better to aggregate
them to a parent modules.
3. The orchestration related modules can be include in control-panel module.
4. It is better to rename shardingsphere-underlying to infra module because
of it is more shortly and more make sense.

So the draft of new modules are:

```
spi
sql-parser
db-protocol
infra
jdbc
proxy
spring
transaction
scaling
features
  -- sharding
  -- master-slave
  -- encrypt
  -- shadow
control-panel
  -- orchestration
  -- opentracing
  -- metrics
integration-test
distribution
```

Any suggestion?

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Re:Aggregate and redesign modules for ShardingSphere 5.x

Posted by Zonglei Dong <do...@apache.org>.
Hi community & liang,

For the first point, I have some suggestions.

Do you want remove the binary jar file name’s prefixes?

I suggest for the binary jar file name, we have a common prefixes.

For this, at user’s web application lib directory, about the shardingsphere’ jar file will at a fixed position, it will be convenient for user to check jar file.

Otherwise, if the jar files don’t have a common prefixes, They will be not at a fixed position and user must browse the whole directory and find the file.

Thanks!

Zonglei Dong
Apache ShardingSphere

Re: Re: 回复: Aggregate and redesign modules for ShardingSphere 5.x

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Thank you for reminder, I just change it to shardingsphere-jdbc-spring

------------------

KimmKing <ki...@apache.org> 于2020年5月17日周日 下午9:57写道:

Posted by KimmKing <ki...@apache.org>.
IMO, according to consistent concept, shardingsphere-spring should be shardingsphere-jdbc-spring.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zhiyi Yan <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by KimmKing <ki...@apache.org>.
Haoran & Xiaoyu:

Posted by Haoran Meng <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Liang

Point 1 :

I prefer hold the prefix  `shardingsphere`,  if some moudles name with `
shardingsphere` prefix  are too long , i suggest  may be we can consider
optimizing the module name first.

I think without prefix is simpler, but with prefix is more tidy.

Point 2 :

 `scaling`  is independent ,but it doesn't look like the same level as
others.

Thanks!

zhaojun <zh...@apache.org> 于2020年5月15日周五 上午10:06写道:

Posted by zhaojun <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Refine finished at pull request[1], thank you for all of the suggestions.

[1] https://github.com/apache/shardingsphere/issues/5636

蒋晓峰 <th...@gmail.com> 于2020年5月16日周六 下午3:57写道:

Posted by 蒋晓峰 <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Liang,