Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mauro Daniel Ardolino <ma...@altersoft.com.ar> on 2002/11/15 21:27:01 UTC

Tomcat bypass Cocoon?

Hello!  I'm using cocoon 2.0.3 and Tomcat 4.1.12.
I have a servlet that outputs a simple xml.  Then I want to apply a xsl
transformation.

So I wrote this in a sitemap pipeline:

<map:match pattern="/checkoutPage">
	<map:generate src="/checkoutPage"/>
	<map:transform src="style/CheckoutPage_html.xsl" type="xslt"/>
	<map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

In the web.xml file I configured the servlet like this:

<servlet>
	<servlet-name>checkoutPage</servlet-name>
	<description>un servlet sencillo</description>
	<servlet-class>servlets.CheckoutPageServlet</servlet-class>
	<load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

and:

<servlet-mapping>
	<servlet-name>checkoutPage</servlet-name>
	<url-pattern>/checkoutPage</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

THE PROBLEM:
The problem is that the xsl transformation isn't done.  On the browser
I get the xml file.  Also the .xsl file is not well formed to see if
the browser displays an error: that does not happen.

So I think that in some way cocoon is bypassed by tomcat and tomcat is
executing the servlet directly.

How can it be solved?

Thanks in advance.

-- Mauro

--
Ing.Mauro Daniel Ardolino
Departamento de Desarrollo y Servicios

Re: Tomcat bypass Cocoon?

Posted by Mauro Daniel Ardolino <ma...@altersoft.com.ar>.
I've made some changes to sitemap:

Instead of:
<map:match pattern="/checkoutPage">
I put:
<map:match pattern="/CheckoutPage.html">

This is to have a different name for the URL than from the servlet name.

This worked well! After correcting the errors on the .xsl file, browsing
I get this error message:

" message Exception during processing of file:/checkoutPage
description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
Exception during processing of file:/checkoutPage:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /checkoutPage (No such file or directory)
"

So I'm confussed again!  Sitemap was found, transformer was created,
but servlet was not found this time!  Incredible! (thinking that in
the first mail was happening exactly the opossite).

I'm getting desperate!

Thanks for any help! I'll appreciate it!

-- Mauro