Posted to dev@teaclave.apache.org by Shaojun Wang <sh...@apache.org> on 2022/11/30 06:41:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Teaclave (incubating) Java TEE SDK v0.1.0-rc.1

Hi all, I am pleased to be calling this vote for the first release of
Apache Teaclave Java TEE SDK (incubating) 0.1.0 (release candidate 1).

The release candidate to be voted over is available at:
- https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/java-tee-sdk-0.1.0-rc.1/

The staging repo:
- https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheteaclave-1000

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
- https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/KEYS

The Git commit for this release is:
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave-java-tee-sdk/commit/ff3da76213d11b4066ec01941bc548428b817786

The release note is available in:
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave-java-tee-sdk/releases/tag/v0.1.0-rc.1

Build guide and get started instructions can be found at:
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave-java-tee-sdk/blob/master/README.md

The short version of building Teaclave Java TEE SDK from the source tarball:
$ wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/java-tee-sdk-0.1.0-rc.1/apache-teaclave-java-tee-sdk-0.1.0-rc.1-incubating.tar.gz
$ tar zxvf apache-teaclave-java-tee-sdk-0.1.0-rc.1-incubating.tar.gz && ./tools/cicd/make.sh build

# Instructions to verify the source tar: https://teaclave.apache.org/download/#verify-the-integrity-of-the-files

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Everyone is welcome to vote.
Please vote by replying to this thread explicitly.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove

with the reason Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your votes.
Please also reply with things you have checked.

A checklist for reference:
- https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

Best,

Shaojun Wang

--
发自我的网易邮箱平板适配版

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Teaclave (incubating) Java TEE SDK v0.1.0-rc.1

Posted by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org>.
Hi Shaojun,

I check the followings:

- Are release files in correct location? Yes
- Do release files have the word incubating in their name? Yes
- Are the digital signature and hashes correct? Yes
- Does DISCLAIMER file exist? No
- Do LICENSE and NOTICE files exists? No
- Is the LICENSE and NOTICE text correct? Not exist.
- Is the NOTICE year correct? Not exist.
- Un-included software dependencies are not mentioned in LICENSE or
NOTICE? Not exist.
- License information is not mentioned in NOTICE? Not exist.
- Is there any 3rd party code contained inside the release? I didn't check this.
- Is any of this code Apache licensed? Do they have NOTICE files? I
didn't check this.
- Is the issue minor? No
- Could it possibly be fixed in the next release? Yes

I also build the code with the following error:

```
Step 1/4 : FROM javaenclave_base:v0.1.0 as javaenclave_release
pull access denied for javaenclave_base, repository does not exist or
may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource
is denied
Unable to find image 'javaenclave_release:v0.1.0' locally
```

I vote with:
  -1 don’t release the software because the license and disclaimer
files were not included in the release. Also, please fix the building
issue accordingly.

Some minor issue in the build instruction:

1. Build command should be:
  $ tar zxvf apache-teaclave-java-tee-sdk-0.1.0-rc.1-incubating.tar.gz && \
     cd apache-teaclave-java-tee-sdk-0.1.0-rc.1-incubating && \
     ./tools/cicd/make.sh build

Mingshen