Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Patrick Huber <st...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/16 08:38:06 UTC

Portlet Preferences

Hi all

I started using the Portlet Preferences and got a Problem there: The
changes of a preference are not persisted. I went trough with the
debugger and everything seems fine. The old value appears to be
deleted from the database and a new one is inserted. No Exceptions are
thrown. I couldn't make the generates sql statements visible but
everything I've seen in the dao looks so far ok.

I also get this error when I shutdown tomcat:
[ERROR] EmbeddedDataSourceManager - Database shut down: Derby system shutdown.

But the lock files are being removed and the database shutdown seems
to be ok. I also tried deleting ${user.home}/.pluto and it is being
recreated automatically. So everything's ok there too.

Have the Portlet Preferences been tested? Any idea how I could hunt
this bug down?

Patrick

--
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly
by." -- Douglas Adams