Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christoph Kukulies <ku...@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de> on 2000/11/15 09:34:33 UTC

some jsp examples fail with Error 500

After working with Tomcat 3.1/apache for a while now the project
is growing and demands and complexity grow as well. I wanted to use
my first own jsp application and while trying out the examples
I find that everything that accesses the compiler doesn't work.

Since the logs are spread all over the system (tomcat.log, http-error.log etc.)
all I can locate is jasper.log:
<JASPER_LOG> Wed Nov 15 09:33:48 CET 2000 Classpath according to the Servlet Eng
ine is: /usr/local/build/tomcat/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes</JASPER_LOG>

The error on the client side:

Error: 500

Location: /examples/jsp/colors/colrs.jsp

org/apache/jasper/compiler/JavaCompiler

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: some jsp examples fail with Error 500

Posted by Christoph Kukulies <ku...@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>.
On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 03:13:48PM +0100, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 12:56:33AM -0800, Kent Huo wrote:
> > Do you include jasper.jar and tools.jar in your classpath?
>
> I repaired it by re-anting tomcat. JSP examples do work now again.
> Unfortunately I deleted my conf directory and could hit ^C right before
> build.sh clean deleted my webapps/servlets subdirectories but after
> resurrecting everything (that's still tomcat 3.1beta - I didn't dare
> to switch to 3.2b7 at this point in time)

...everything works fine now, I wanted to say :-) (to complete the unfinished
sentence).

Posted by Christoph Kukulies <ku...@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>.