Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/01 15:38:39 UTC

Re: Custom CSS for Feedback message is broken in 1.5

Hi,

@Alec, unfortunately I think your workaround does not handle the case we do
*not* want the message-level-css-class on the SPAN, and that we still want
it on the LI...

@Sven, well if the refactoring is planned for Wicket 7 (a question will
remain about doing something, backward compatible, for current versions),
then it changes things...
Then, I would maybe have a request about this refactored FeedbackPanel: I
would like to be able to have/display messages grouped by levels (so each
level is enclosed in its own container). That would simply mean that the UL
will becomes a repeater. For instance, if this 'grouping option' is not
activated, the repeater will iterate only once, with all feedback message
of any level type. If it is activated, the repeater will iterate as many
times as there is distinct message level types. And, last but not least, we
should be able to apply the message-level-css-class to this repeater (and
be able to *not* apply it to LI nor SPAN... so the loop is looped*).

If you, dev-team, think this request is not relevant for wicket-core,
please keep in mind this need while refactoring so you may provide the
necessary/accessible things for the user wishing to *override*
FeedbackPanel to achieve this goal...

Thanks in advance & best regards,
Sebastien

(*) hazardous translation from French...

Posted by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com>.
@Sebastien, my original post in this thread would have been satisfied
with my solution which appends the CSS class instead of replacing it.
And this solution is backward compatible.

If there is a different scenario which required *not* having a
message-level-css-class, maybe we should start a separate email thread
for it. BTW, in case I missed it in this email thread what is that
scenario?

Thanks,

Alec