Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Dunphy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/15 22:39:37 UTC

asgard tomcat application 404

I'm trying to get Netflix Asgard tomcat app working. I'm using tomcat 9.
I'm using windows.

I can load up the tomcat management and other interfaces no problem.

But when I navigate to /asgard I get a 404 error:

    HTTP Status 404 – Not Found
    Type Status Report

    Message /asgard/

    Description The origin server did not find a current representation for
the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

    Apache Tomcat/9.0.5

I have JAVA_HOME set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_162

I placed the asgard.war file in the tomcat\webapps directory.

This is what I have in my catalina logs:

        15-Feb-2018 15:59:30.048 INFO [main]
org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned
for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a
complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them.
Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP
compilation time.
    15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.402 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more
listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate
container log file
    15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.404 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/asgard]
startup failed due to previous errors

I have this in the asgard.log file:

       [2018-02-15 15:59:33,389] [main]
springframework.web.context.ContextLoader    Context initialization failed
bean with name 'pluginManager' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt()
on null object
    at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at
java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:112)
    at
java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:134)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt()
on null object
    ... 5 more
    [2018-02-15 15:59:33,397] [main]
grails.web.context.GrailsContextLoader    Error initializing the
application: Error creating bean with name 'pluginManager' defined in
[...]
    [2018-02-15 15:59:33,401] [main]
grails.web.context.GrailsContextLoader    Error initializing Grails: Error
creating bean with name 'pluginManager' defined in ServletContext resource
[...]

And this is what I have in the localhost log:

        15-Feb-2018 15:59:30.077 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log No Spring
WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
    15-Feb-2018 15:59:31.319 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Initializing Spring root
WebApplicationContext
    15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.402 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart Exception sending
context initialized event to listener instance of class
[org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.context.GrailsContextLoaderListener]
     org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'pluginManager' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt()
on null object
    at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at
java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:112)
    at
java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:134)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt()
on null object
    ... 5 more

    15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.843 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log ContextListener:
contextInitialized()
    15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.843 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log SessionListener:
contextInitialized()
    15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.844 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log ContextListener:
attributeAdded('StockTicker', 'async.Stockticker@2cc9371f')

What am I doing wrong? How do I get this working?

Thanks
--
GPG me!!

Re: [OT] asgard tomcat application 404

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Tim,

On 2/15/18 5:39 PM, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> [...]
> at
> java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorSe
rvice.java:112)

> at
> java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorSe
rvice.java:134)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt()
> on null object ... 5 more
>
> 15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.843 INFO [main]
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log ContextListener:
> contextInitialized() 15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.843 INFO [main]
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log SessionListener:
> contextInitialized() 15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.844 INFO [main]
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log ContextListener:
> attributeAdded('StockTicker', 'async.Stockticker@2cc9371f')
>
> What am I doing wrong? How do I get this working?

Sounds to me like you are finding out what every Spring user discovers
at some point: there is an error, and you have absolutely no idea what
is going on. Discovering what is wrong requires arcane knowledge only
accessible to certain sub-deities. Something with the XML files. Or
the permgen. Or the pom. Or the code. Definitely one of those.

(/me ducks!)

- -chris

Re: asgard tomcat application 404

Posted by Simon De Uvarow <sd...@gmail.com>.
I don't know about Spring, but according to your exception, and my short
experience, could be a database connection issue.

grails.web.context.GrailsContextLoader    Error initializing Grails: Error
creating bean with name 'pluginManager' defined in ServletContext resource
*[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.**xml]*: Invocation of init method failed;
nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method
getAt() on null object

Usually in the context file is where u define the connection pool, and JPA
stuff.
The null pointer exception makes me imagine that a DB connection, or entity
manager, couldn't be created.

Maybe the asgard database was not created as expected by the app?

Hope it helps,

"No olvides, no traiciones, lo que llevas bien dentro de ti. No olvides, no
traiciones, lo que siempre te ha hecho vivir."

Posted by Tim Dunphy <bl...@gmail.com>.
Ok guys. Got it! Thanks for your input. I'll follow up with the Asgard
list, assuming I can find it.

Thanks

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Olaf Kock <to...@olafkock.de> wrote:

> On 15.02.2018 23:39, Tim Dunphy wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get Netflix Asgard tomcat app working. I'm using tomcat 9.
>> I'm using windows.
>> [...]
>>
> Tomcat is about as much involved in this as is Windows. To second
> Christopher's OT answer: This is a problem of the deployed application, not
> of Tomcat. You should look for help in the Asgard community. Tomcat doesn't
> use spring, thus there's not even common ground.
>
> Olaf

GPG me!!

Re: asgard tomcat application 404

Posted by Olaf Kock <to...@olafkock.de>.