Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jeff Dever <js...@sympatico.ca> on 2002/09/04 02:52:39 UTC

RE[HttpClient] HttpURLConnection wrapper problems caused by deficiencies in HttpClient

Vincent,

I took your idea and created a StatusLine object.  See previous email.

I removed the need to call isHttp11() and that nasty cast in your
wrapper.  I'm not sure why it is not in the interface but I'm glad its
not.  It is a nasty method IMO.  There is now a
getStatusLine().getHttpVersion() that I hope will be more useful anyway.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to review the code! :-)

I would be +1 for storing the headers in the same order as they are
read.

For the status line, I think offering a getHttpStatus() API in
HttpMethod that would return a HttpStatus object (with a getCode(),
getReason(),
getLine()) would be good.

BTW, have you noticed that HttpMethod has no isHttp11() method in the
interface, so I had to perform a ugly cast ...

Thanks a lot
-Vincent

RE: RE[HttpClient] HttpURLConnection wrapper problems caused by deficiencies in HttpClient

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Thanks Jeff. That looks very cool.

-Vincent