Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/15 13:38:07 UTC

Merging with writer open on source index?

Hello,

IndexWriter.addIndexes(Directory...) method says that the index in each
directory must not be changed (opened by a writer) while this method is
running. However, IndexWriter.addIndexes(IndexReader...) does not say any
such thing. Would I be correct in assuming that since an IndexReader has a
static snapshot of the index, merging using addIndexes(IndexReader...) is
safe even if the source index has a writer open?

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

RE: Merging with writer open on source index?

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Yes.

-----
Uwe Schindler