Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com> on 2006/06/27 19:40:01 UTC

xml parse error if the jakarta site is not accessible

Hello!

Sometimes the jakarta site is not accessible, in such cases I get the
following exception:

Unable to parse file:/blablabla.script: Connection timed out: connect
java.net.ConnectException
Connection timed out: connect
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Script_3_0.dtd

Is there a way to avoid this error?

Thanks!
Norbi

Re: xml parse error if the jakarta site is not accessible

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Yes, the hardwiring of the parser is based on the publicid so if you
get that messed up a request will go over the network.

Mess up the ""-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapes......." part that
is. If you mess up that *and* the url part...well your're just hosed.

:-)

Geoff

Posted by Ryan Cuprak <rc...@mac.com>.

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
No external tool is used...

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
It seems to be better to register custom EntityResolver
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-tipent.html
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/catalog.html
http://xml.apache.org/commons/components/resolver/

Andreas Bulling wrote:
> On 27. Jun 2006 - 19:40:01, Norbert S�ndor wrote:
> | Hello!
> |
> | Sometimes the jakarta site is not accessible, in such cases I get the
> | following exception:
> |
> | Unable to parse file:/blablabla.script: Connection timed out: connect
> | java.net.ConnectException
> | Connection timed out: connect
> | http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Script_3_0.dtd
>
> IMO it should be possible to copy the DTD from the jakarta server
> to your local one and change the xml files appropriately.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong... ;)
>
> Regards,
>   Andreas

Konstantin Ignatyev

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add 2,700 tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263,000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:  Why the Environmental Movement Needs a Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.  New York:  State University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)

Re: xml parse error if the jakarta site is not accessible

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
Not a bad idea, thanks! :)

Posted by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>.