Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ca...@lhsystems.com on 2007/06/11 18:33:18 UTC

[Tobago] Database paging with Tobago

Hi,

I have to implement database paging in my Tobago application. tc:sheet
supports paging but requires all data in a list in memory. Because my
query can have thousands of records as result, I want a paging mechanism
with only the displayed data in memory. Is there an easy (and fast) way
to implement such a thing with Tobago? My first attempt to this issue is
to implement a new list class, which implements the List interface and
does the paging. But there might be an easier solutution.

Best regards,
Carsten

Re: [Tobago] Database paging with Tobago

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,

it would be fine if we have an example showing sorting and paging
in the database.

Regards,
    Volker

2007/6/12, Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>:
> Hello,
>
> maybe this helps:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/WorkingWithLargeTables
>
> if this doesn't help I can try to setup a working with large tables
> example in tobago.
>
> Regards
>
> Bernd
>
> carsten.manshusen@lhsystems.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have to implement database paging in my Tobago application. tc:sheet
> > supports paging but requires all data in a list in memory. Because my
> > query can have thousands of records as result, I want a paging mechanism
> > with only the displayed data in memory. Is there an easy (and fast) way
> > to implement such a thing with Tobago? My first attempt to this issue is
> > to implement a new list class, which implements the List interface and
> > does the paging. But there might be an easier solutution.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Carsten

RE: [Tobago] Database paging with Tobago

Posted by ca...@lhsystems.com.
Hi Volker,

thanks for your advice. I'll try the DataModel as sheet source for DB
paging in my Tobago app.

Best regards,
Carsten

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.