Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mark J Cox <M....@bradford.ac.uk> on 1995/10/17 16:31:14 UTC

Netscape ;bytes thing

Interestingly those  GET /index.html;bytes=1000-  lines are all coming from
Netscape 2.0b1 (The ones I examined were the Windows version).

It's probably a bug; even www1.netscape.com's server doesn't like ;bytes=
tacked on the end of requests.

Mark
Mark J Cox,  mark@telescope.org -- URL:http://www.telescope.org/mark.html
University of Bradford, England ---------- tel +44.1274.384070/fax 391333

Re: Netscape ;bytes thing

Posted by Rob McCool <ro...@netscape.com>.
/*
 * "Netscape ;bytes thing" by Mark J Cox <M....@bradford.ac.uk>
 *    written Tue, 17 Oct 1995 16:31:14 +0100 (BST)
 *
 * Interestingly those GET /index.html;bytes=1000- lines are all
 * coming from Netscape 2.0b1 (The ones I examined were the Windows
 * version).
 *
 */

NS2.0 isn't supposed to ask for a byte range unless the server puts an
Accept-ranges header on it when originally requested. I'll ask the
browser guys about it.

--Rob