Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by "Ju@N" <ju...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/17 10:48:26 UTC

Steps to follow after becoming a Geode committer

Hello all,

My apache account is already created and everything seems to be working
just fine, I've already linked my account through
https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/ and I can see the option *Merge pull
request* in the *GitHub* interface (disabled in the past when I didn't have
commit privileges on the project).
I have two old pull requests (2376
<https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/2376> for GEODE-5353
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-5353> and 2250
<https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/2250> for GEODE-5314
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-5314>) already approved by
other committers, am I ready to go and merge them myself?, or should I wait
for an announcement or something else?. I've already gone through Becoming
a Committer
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Becoming+a+committer>
 and Code Contributions
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Code+contributions> but
couldn't find a definitive answer about how/when to merge a *pull
request* opened
by yourself when you're a committer, how does this process work?, should I
ask in this list for reviews before merging the changes?, should I wait X
amount of days before asking for reviewers?, etc.
As a side note, I've received an email from *root@apache.org
<ro...@apache.org>* with a link to the vote reference in the
*private.apache.geode.org
<http://private.apache.geode.org/>* list. I believe that list is only for
*PMC* members, so I don't (and won't) have access to that list, am I right?.
Sorry for the long email and the amount of questions, just trying to make
sure I get things right from the very beginning :-).
Best regards.

--
Ju@N

Re: Steps to follow after becoming a Geode committer

Posted by Juan José Ramos <jr...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks Kirk!.
Cheers.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.