Posted to users@maven.apache.org by co...@runbox.com on 2003/12/31 22:44:20 UTC

Error Downloading ejb-2.0.jar

Hi, I have updated my project.xml and project.properties with the xdoclet stuff as indicated in the Maven Docs.  Now, I'm getting the following message when I run 'maven java:compile':

$ maven java:compile
 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0-rc1-SNAPSHOT

Attempting to download ejb-2.0.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download ejb-2.0.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

ejb-2.0.jar (no download url specified)

Total time: 4 seconds
Finished at: Wed Dec 31 13:41:30 PST 2003

At this time, all the ejb, jar, and war related code is under '${base.dir}/src/java'.
I simply want to compile everything and worry about breaking this stuff into multiple
projects in the future.

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

Re: Error Downloading ejb-2.0.jar

Posted by __matthewHawthorne <ma...@apache.org>.
I think that the jars provided by Sun are being removed from ibiblio.org
due to licensing issues.  I'm using ejb, servletapi, and jaxrpc, and
I've noticed my project gradually breaking, jar by jar, over the past
few months.

In order to use these jars, you need to manually grab them (probably
from java.sun.com) and put them in your local repo.

Another option is to check them into your source control system and use
Maven's jar override feature to specify the location.  This is how I'm
doing it.

conradwt@runbox.com wrote:
> Hi, I have updated my project.xml and project.properties with the xdoclet stuff as indicated in the Maven Docs.  Now, I'm getting the following message when I run 'maven java:compile':
>
> $ maven java:compile
>  __  __
> |  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
> | |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
> |_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0-rc1-SNAPSHOT
>
> Attempting to download ejb-2.0.jar.
> WARNING: Failed to download ejb-2.0.jar.
> The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:
>
> ejb-2.0.jar (no download url specified)
>
> Total time: 4 seconds
> Finished at: Wed Dec 31 13:41:30 PST 2003
>
> At this time, all the ejb, jar, and war related code is under '${base.dir}/src/java'.
> I simply want to compile everything and worry about breaking this stuff into multiple
> projects in the future.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Conrad

Re: Error Downloading ejb-2.0.jar

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
the ejb jar is not available for binary distribution from ibiblio. Please
set it up in your local repo.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting