Posted to builds@apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/12 09:55:38 UTC

Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly + Maven Home error at ubuntu_ARM_15

I can see several builds at our space with the same error:

1) JAVA_HOME not set:
Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
  We cannot execute /home/hudson/tools/java/latest1.6/bin/java
Build step 'Invoke Ant' marked build as failure
Archiving artifacts
Finished: FAILURE

Examples:
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/OpenMeetings%20ATutor%20Plugin/40/console
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/OpenMeetings%20Drupal%207.x%20Plugin/43/console

2) Maven Home not set:
ERROR: Maven Home /home/hudson/tools/maven/latest doesn't exist
Sending e-mails to: grantsmith@apache.org commits@myfaces.apache.org
portlet-bridge-core-3.0 is disabled. Triggering skipped
Finished: FAILURE

Examples:
https://builds.apache.org/job/myfaces-shared/247/console
https://builds.apache.org/job/Bigtop-trunk-testartifacts/279/console

Thanks!
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly + Maven Home error at ubuntu_ARM_15

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
can you avoid using this Ant (latest) and use version named installation.
If not on fs, it's downloaded from apache distribution websites.
This simplify maintenance for infra folks (and build infra volunteers
spare time).
And the most importance is your build reproducibility !
Because you are sure about the ant version you will use.
Using this Ant (latest) means maybe it's not the same on all machines
(depends if folks have time to update on all nodes)

My 0.02 euros
--
Olivier

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly + Maven Home error at ubuntu_ARM_15

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!
Sebastian

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Olivier!

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Ubuntu_ARM* nodes support only jdk Oracle JDK 1.7 for ARM based.
So if you want to use those nodes this is the only possible value.
Regarding maven version, the best is to version named ones maven-3.0.4
(as if it's missing on the node it's automatically installed)