Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pablo <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/12 16:15:48 UTC

Which line is solr following in terms of a BI Tool?

Hello,
I think this topic is important for solr users that are planning to use solr
as a BI Tool.
Speaking about facets, nowadays there are three majors way of doing (more or
less) the same  in solr.
First, you have the pivot facets, on the other hand you have the Analytics
component and finally you have the JSON Facet Api.
So, which line is Solr following? Which of these component is going to be in
constant development and which one is going to be deprecated sooner.
In Yonik page, there are some test that shows how JSON Facet Api performs
better than legacy facets, also the Api was way simpler than the pivot
facets, so in my case that was enough to base my solution around the JSON
Api. But I would like to know what are the thoughts of the solr developers.

Thanks!

Re: Which line is solr following in terms of a BI Tool?

Posted by Pablo Anzorena <an...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much both of you for your insights!
I really appreciate it.

Posted by Kevin Risden <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.