Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Farida Sabry <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/28 09:24:37 UTC

ODE and REST >> urgent help

Hello all,

I have been driven crazy to invoke a REST webservice from a bpel process
and run it on ODE (I am using ODE 1.3.5 with BPEL Designer on Juno Eclipse
and tomcat 7).
I checked this link:
https://ode.apache.org/extensions/wsdl-11-extensions-for-rest.html
and found that

http://www.apache.org/ode/type/extension/http

is no longer found !

I tried this example
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ode/trunk/axis2-war/src/test/resources/TestHttpBindingExt_POST/on
the web  and it failed so please can you point me what I am missing???
Does ODE support calling REST service or is it better to write my services
as SOAP!

Please I need urgent help, it has been too long for me in this task and I
couldn't figure out what info I am missing .

Best regards,
Farida
Farida

Re: ODE and REST >> urgent help

Posted by Hendry Betts <He...@greenskycredit.com>.
Why not proxy the rest service with a local SOAP service. This will eliminate any inconsistencies in BPEL/REST behavior and provide an easily managed controller in the proxy.

Hendry

On Jan 28, 2013, at 7:50, "Dago Pacheco" <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi .... recently I managed to invoke REST ws from an ODE BPEL process using
> WSDL 1.1 extensions for REST.  First of all I must say that help from ODe
> community for REST invocation is quite bad and I also use those links yo
> provide as a start point.
> Second, I must warn you that the process is very tricky and IMO it's not
> suitable for production environment, so if you are able to use SOAP ws
> instead, I would take that way. But if you really need to use REST ws, I
> can try to help you.  I'd need you to provide code for:  bpel process, wsdl
> file for REST ws and a representation example from your REST ws. (I'd
> prefere you to use www.pastebin.com for code shearing)
> One important thing to do is to enable login on DEBUG level for ODE.... is
> almost imperative for troubleshoot invocation issues.  Right now I don't
> remember where and what to modify, but as soon as I get to my home PC I can
> help you with that.
>
> Well.... I'll wait for your reply.  Bye
>

> 2013/1/28 Farida Sabry <fa...@gmail.com>
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have been driven crazy to invoke a REST webservice from a bpel process
>> and run it on ODE (I am using ODE 1.3.5 with BPEL Designer on Juno Eclipse
>> and tomcat 7).
>> I checked this link:
>> https://ode.apache.org/extensions/wsdl-11-extensions-for-rest.html
>> and found that
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/ode/type/extension/http
>>
>> is no longer found !
>>
>> I tried this example
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ode/trunk/axis2-war/src/test/resources/TestHttpBindingExt_POST/on
>> the web  and it failed so please can you point me what I am missing???
>> Does ODE support calling REST service or is it better to write my services
>> as SOAP!
>>
>> Please I need urgent help, it has been too long for me in this task and I
>> couldn't figure out what info I am missing .
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Farida
>> Farida

This electronic message transmission contains information from GreenSky Trade Credit, LLC which may be confidential & privileged.  Recipients should not file copies of this e-mail with publicly accessed records.  The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by e-mail immediately.

Re: ODE and REST >> urgent help

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.
What is the problem you are facing?

Re: ODE and REST >> urgent help