Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by OpenWhisk Team Slack <ra...@apache.org> on 2010/01/01 00:01:01 UTC

[slack-digest] [2022-02-27] #kubernetes

2022-02-27 17:54:36 UTC - Erika Hunhoff: Hello all!

I am looking into sequestering all invokers + actions on nodes away from all other openwhisk pods. To do this I have some of my kubernetes nodes labelled as “openwhisk-role=invoker” and the rest have no label as I’m okay with core/provider/edge pods being colocated.

This setup works except sometimes the alarmprovider and kafkaprovider pods are still scheduled on my invoker nodes. From a quick grep in the openwhisk-deploy-kube repo, it appears as though although there is a openwhisk.affinity.provider affinity created it is not applied in <https://github.com/apache/openwhisk-deploy-kube/blob/master/helm/openwhisk/templates/provider-alarm-pod.yaml|provider-alarm-pod.yaml> or <https://github.com/apache/openwhisk-deploy-kube/blob/master/helm/openwhisk/templates/provider-kafka-pod.yaml|provider-kafka-pod.yaml>. It is also not mentioned in <https://github.com/apache/openwhisk-deploy-kube/blob/master/helm/openwhisk/templates/_tolerations.tpl|_tolerations.tpl>.

Is provider affinity fully implemented? Am I making a user error? I’d appreciate some insight.
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C4J3R7JFL/p1645984476743429
----