Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ian Fitchet <ia...@tornadogroup.com> on 2000/03/16 11:02:03 UTC

Problem with POST (Re: Problem with POST to default jsp page)

"Jonathan Gordon" <jg...@viant.com> writes:

> I'm having a problem posting to the default page of my site, index.jsp (set with

 I've been lurking for a couple of days with a very similar question:

 On my Solaris (2.8 Intel) box I can POST arguments to
 http://localhost:8080/something

 but I *can't* POST arguments to http://localhost/something

 I'm guessing (without having been able to follow through the apache
 code) that apache has eaten the POST arguments before passing the
 request on to tomcat.

 What worries me is that I'm getting reports that the same combo
 apache 1.3.11/tomcat 3.0 works fine under NT.

 Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Cheers,

        Ian

Re: Problem with POST (Re: Problem with POST to default jsp page)

Posted by "Alexey V. Meledin" <av...@webclub.ru>.
Hi,
    Ian!

Thursday, March 16, 2000, 1:02:03 PM,  Вы написали:

IF> "Jonathan Gordon" <jg...@viant.com> writes:

>> I'm having a problem posting to the default page of my site, index.jsp (set with

IF>  I've been lurking for a couple of days with a very similar question:

IF>  On my Solaris (2.8 Intel) box I can POST arguments to
IF>  http://localhost:8080/something

IF>  but I *can't* POST arguments to http://localhost/something

IF>  I'm guessing (without having been able to follow through the apache
IF>  code) that apache has eaten the POST arguments before passing the
IF>  request on to tomcat.

IF>  What worries me is that I'm getting reports that the same combo
IF>  apache 1.3.11/tomcat 3.0 works fine under NT.

IF>  Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Yes, I have this problem either.
Apache 1.3.12 + mod_jser.so build on FreeBSD 3.3.

This problem was described at http://locus.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/12/topic_id/43/question_id/259
and has there one answer: "Use precompiled module for Unix (Linux)".
But my Apache fails whith core with it and linux_base port. :(

Alexey V. Meledin <av...@webclub.ru>
InterForge Developers Group,  St-Petersburg, Russia