Posted to users@maven.apache.org by niksa_os <ni...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/12 07:42:38 UTC

XP %HOME% and Maven

I try Maven

In install guide stand: install_repo.bat %HOME%\.maven\repository

Problem is that I get new dir C:\Documents\some_files_and_dir and I should
get
C:\Documents and Settings\mvelic\.maven ???

Also %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\.maven\repository same thing.

I did try with install_repo.bat "%HOME%"\.maven\repository, but then I get
new dir

C:\maven\bin\%HOME%

Do I need to get C:\Documents and Settings\mvelic\.maven?
And how can I get it?

Thanks.

Re: XP %HOME% and Maven

Posted by niksa_os <ni...@hotmail.com>.
I get new C:\Documents?

Is it OK to move (by hand) content of this dir to
C:\Documents and Settings\n\.maven\repository?

Does this effect maven i.e. is it same as install_repo.bat
%HOME%\.maven\repository?

What if I leave it in C:\Documents?
Will maven use this repository?

What should I do?
Can I copy or make this directory and fill it by hand?

Re: XP %HOME% and Maven

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
>>As a workaround, you can either skip the step (Maven will download the
>>libs again), or run
>>install_repo.bat tmprepo
>>move tmprepo %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\.maven\repository
>>

>I get new directory under maven
>C:\maven\bin\tmprepo?
>
>Is it OK to move (by hand) content of this dir to
>C:\Documents and Settings\n\.maven\repository?

Yes, that is what I meant by the second step. If you leave it in bin, it
won't be used.

- Brett

Re: XP %HOME% and Maven

Posted by niksa_os <ni...@hotmail.com>.
> %HOME% has been known to be set to specify an alternate HOME.
> %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% works and is equivalent to %USERPROFILE% (but this
> may be Win2k only, I'm not sure?)
>
> Anyway, the original poster's problem was fixed in CVS yesterday.
>
> As a workaround, you can either skip the step (Maven will download the
> libs again), or run
> install_repo.bat tmprepo
> move tmprepo %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\.maven\repository

I get new directory under maven
C:\maven\bin\tmprepo?

Is it OK to move (by hand) content of this dir to
C:\Documents and Settings\n\.maven\repository?

Does this effect maven i.e. is it same as install_repo.bat
%HOME%\.maven\repository?

What if I leave it in C:\maven\bin\tmprepo?

Re: XP %HOME% and Maven

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: XP %HOME% and Maven