Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Jatayu <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/25 18:02:24 UTC

using xpath to locate and modify node?

Hi,

I'm using xerces-c 3.0.0 beta to experiment on how I can use its xpath
feature.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use XPATH to locate a node in the DOM,
then do *modification* on that returned node, e.g: add new children to that
node?

Something like:

  DOMXPathResult* xpathRes = (DOMXPathResult*)theDoc->evaluate(......);

But the "getSingleNodeValue<file:///u:/DataFpinitTier2_2/cgunadi/xml/xerces_3.0.0_linux24_amd64/xerces-c-3.0.0.b1/doc/html/apiDocs-3/classDOMXPathResult.html#745a4f5efb935a988d0b4ca6a46c0b0e>()"
function on DOMXPathResult returns
a *const* node.

Is it safe to cast away the const and add new children/change value
of the node?

Is there different way to accomplish this?

Thank you very much for any inputs.

Regards,
= Jatayu

Re: using xpath to locate and modify node?

Posted by Jatayu <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Boris,

Thank you again. This is very helpful.

= Jatayu