Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Cherie Yoon <cy...@netnumina.com> on 2000/11/30 01:16:22 UTC

how do I get mod_so?

Hi,
I am trying to build mod_jserv.so for linux and I ran "apxs -c -o
mod_jserv.so" in the Tomcat directory(TOMCAT_HOME/src/native/apache/jserv)
When I install apache, I think I enabled DSO as following,
./configure --prefix=/path/to/install --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE=yes
but I am getting this error that no DSO support for Apache available under
my platform. Apache module mod_so shoudl be compiled into my server binary
directoy. (i am using is Redhat 6.2)
I found mod_so.c in the src directory,  do I need to compile this to solve
the problem? if I do, please give me some hint how to compile. (do i need to
modify Makefile and recompile Apache?)
Thanks in advance.
cherie