Posted to builds@apache.org by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> on 2017/09/16 04:08:14 UTC

[JENKINS] - Plugins update

Hi All,

Jenkins is scheduled for a restart today to upgrade some plugins.
Currently therefore no more jobs will run until current ones are completed
and the restart has occurred.

Will update again after the restart.

Gav…

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Thanks Andrew,

I have filed https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-46909 <https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-46909>

and will follow up there with more info and even more screenshots.

Gav…

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
Yup, that's the one. I see the job is back now. Phew! Going
to give it a run and see if it's successful.

-Joan

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Is this it ?

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Gav <ip...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joan,

--
Gav...

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Gavin,

On Sun, 2017-09-17 at 08:36 +1000, Gavin McDonald wrote:
> Another update
>
> Some plugins have failed to load since they were upgraded, even
> though marked as compartible and only minor increment 1.20 to 1.21
> etc
>
> I am looking into re-installing those today.
>
> In the meantime, it looks like some jobs have disappeared as a
> result, others not building etc …
>
> Gav…

We have a build failure due to the test stability plugin [1]

Recording test results
ERROR: Build step failed with exception
java.lang.ClassCastException:
hudson.tasks.test.AggregatedTestResultAction$1 cannot be cast to
hudson.tasks.test.TestResult
	at
hudson.tasks.test.AbstractTestResultAction.findCorrespondingResult(Abst
ractTestResultAction.java:252)
	at
hudson.tasks.test.TestResult.getPreviousResult(TestResult.java:146)
	at
hudson.tasks.junit.ClassResult.getPreviousResult(ClassResult.java:72)
	at
hudson.tasks.junit.ClassResult.getPreviousResult(ClassResult.java:43)
	at
de.esailors.jenkins.teststability.StabilityTestDataPublisher.getPreviou
sResultSafely(StabilityTestDataPublisher.java:169)
	at
de.esailors.jenkins.teststability.StabilityTestDataPublisher.getPreviou
sHistory(StabilityTestDataPublisher.java:129)
	at
de.esailors.jenkins.teststability.StabilityTestDataPublisher.contribute
TestData(StabilityTestDataPublisher.java:81)
	at
hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitResultArchiver.perform(JUnitResultArchiver.java
:182)
	at
hudson.tasks.BuildStepCompatibilityLayer.perform(BuildStepCompatibility
Layer.java:81)
	at
hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:20)
	at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.perform(AbstractBuild
.java:735)
	at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.performAllBuildSteps(
AbstractBuild.java:676)
	at
hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$MavenModuleSetBuildExecution.post2(Mav
enModuleSetBuild.java:1072)
	at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.post(AbstractBuild.ja
va:621)
	at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1760)
	at
hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild.run(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:542)
	at
hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:405)
Build step 'Publish JUnit test result report' marked build as failure

I will disable the plugin for our jobs but hopefully this can be fixed.

Thanks,

Robert

[1]: https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Test+stability+plugin

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Another update

Re: [JENKINS] - Plugins update

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
> On 16 Sep 2017, at 2:08 pm, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Jenkins is scheduled for a restart today to upgrade some plugins.
> Currently therefore no more jobs will run until current ones are completed
> and the restart has occurred.
>
> Will update again after the restart.

Ok sorry for delay, a couple of restarts were necessary.

List of plugins upgraded today are listed at: