Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Orjan Nygaard Austvold <au...@colibria.com> on 2005/10/27 01:35:23 UTC

release plugin fails to alter dependencyManagement section

Hi,

In a multi project the parent-pom can specify "standard" versions for
dependencies within the project group. I have found it convenient to
also list group-members with versions in this section so that all child
artifact within the group simply specifies inter-group artifact
dependencies without versions.

The release plugin fails to alter SNAPSHOT dependencies within the
dependencyMangement section. The tagged version of child poms gets
instead the correct version explicitly stated in their dependency section.

It seems a bit strange that dependencies on artifacts within a group
must have dependencies on other artifacts within the group listed with
version numbers.

I might very well be missing something here :-)

Thanks,
Ørjan

Re: release plugin fails to alter dependencyManagement section

Posted by Orjan Nygaard Austvold <au...@colibria.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

I filed an issue here at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPRELEASE-13

Thanks,