Posted to user@spark.apache.org by MooseSpark <Pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/18 09:40:54 UTC

Changed Column order in DataFrame.Columns call and insertIntoJDBC

I have a RDD which I am using to create the data frame based on one POJO, but
when Dataframe is created, the sequence of column order get changed.

DataFrame df=sqlCtx.createDataFrame(rdd, Pojo.class);

String[] columns=df.columns();
//columns here are of different order what has been defined in pojo
//in pojo properties are p1,p2,p3
//but in columns it is p3 p1 p2 and same is being saved into jdbc

df.insertIntoJDBC("jdbc:sqlserver://xx.yyy.00.11:PORT;databaseName=spark_gpeh;user=saw;password=password@123;",
"Test", false);

any idea ?

Re:Changed Column order in DataFrame.Columns call and insertIntoJDBC

Posted by Todd <bi...@163.com>.
Take a look at the doc for the method:

      /**
   * Applies a schema to an RDD of Java Beans.
   *
   * WARNING: Since there is no guaranteed ordering for fields in a Java Bean,
   *          SELECT * queries will return the columns in an undefined order.
   * @group dataframes
   * @since 1.3.0
   */