Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Rick Schneider <ri...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/08 21:38:32 UTC

Create DB Structure in one statement

OK.. I am trying to create my entire DB structure (about 6 tables or so) in a single JDBC Statement to embedded Derby 10.5.  I keep running into issues with the proper syntax to separate the different statements.  Is there a way to do this other than running multiple statements?

Thanks

Re: Create DB Structure in one statement

Posted by Rick Schneider <ri...@hotmail.com>.
Hi.. thanks for the quick response... that is exactly what I am trying, and
I am getting SQL Exceptions on the ; in the statement... I will have another
look and make sure its not something else going wrong..

Thanks again

Posted by Rick Schneider <ri...@hotmail.com>.
I did a workaround... I used the Pattern class to split into token on the ;,
and then looped through each statement to run it.  Worked, and fairly clean.

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.

--
Knut Anders

Re: Create DB Structure in one statement

Posted by bruehlicke <br...@gmail.com>.