Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> on 2013/12/06 06:51:38 UTC

Fwd: How to setup tez cluster for TPC-DS benchmark

Fwding to dev@ list as there are probably some folks who do not monitor the user@ lists at the moment.

-- Hitesh

Begin forwarded message:

Re: How to setup tez cluster for TPC-DS benchmark

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org>.
Hi Tsuyoshi,

I have a set of scripts to enable you to build hive-on-tez very quickly on
an HDP2 Sandbox.

https://github.com/t3rmin4t0r/tez-autobuild

The commands it uses to pull hive/tez & build it should be easy to emulate.

Once you run your commands and finish a session (i.e close hive-shell).

You can do

yarn logs -applicationId <application_...> | grep HISTORY > history.log

that can be processed into an image using this script

https://github.com/t3rmin4t0r/tez-swimlanes

This is a somewhat useful substitute for the web joh history view.

You will end up with a view like this

http://random.notmysock.org/query27.svg

which tracks each container + vertex run within the task (& each block
links to its log file in the history).

I will reply in a couple of hours with the details on loading raw data into
TPC-H/TPC-DS tables.

I do most of the data loads into our partitioned table and I'm yet to
completely replace myself by a simple shell script :)

Cheers,
Gopal

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE