Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Avi Levi <av...@bluevoyant.com> on 2019/03/11 14:40:24 UTC

Random forest - Flink ML

HI ,
 According to Tills comment
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-1728?focusedCommentId=16780468&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16780468>
I understand that flink-ml is going to be ditched. What will be the
alternative ?
Looking for a "random forest" method that we can add to our pipeline
(scala). any suggestions?

Thanks
Avi

Re: Random forest - Flink ML

Posted by BenoƮt Paris <be...@gmail.com>.
There has been some developments at  Apache SAMOA
<https://samoa.incubator.apache.org/>   for a forest of decision trees.

This is not regular Random Forest, but a form of trees that can be
incrementally learned fast. If I recall correctly they also have adaptive
algorithms as well. Here are some resources:

*  VHT: Vertical Hoeffding Tree <https://arxiv.org/pdf/1607.08325.pdf>

*  Apache SAMOA <https://samoa.incubator.apache.org/>

Now I don't know the status of the project nor have I tried them, nor have I
ever tried SAMOA; but this is something that could fit your needs.

Re: Random forest - Flink ML

Posted by Avi Levi <av...@bluevoyant.com>.
Thanks Flavio,
I will definitely check it out. But from a quick glance , it seems that it
is missing implementation of "random forest" which is something that we are
looking for .
If anyone can recommend/suggest/share that will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Avi

Re: Random forest - Flink ML

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.