Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2015/04/20 14:40:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Happy 20th Birthday, httpd

For those that missed ApacheCon last week in Austin, I wanted to share a
few things.

This year marks the 20th birthday of the Apache httpd project (or late
last year, depending on how you count) and so we had a little
celebration. The feather that was made for the Apache conference in 1998
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/iamamoose/63963722/ - was at ApacheCon,
and we tried to stage the same photo again, as much as was possible:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RichBowen/posts/Gfs1Ek6MWqu

We also took pictures with all of the httpd committers who were present
(although I expect we missed a few people.) :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbowen/sets/72157651553317030/

And, we had a birthday cake

https://www.flickr.com/photos/linuxfoundation/17157208981/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/linuxfoundation/16537678153/

There's lots more ApacheCon photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/linuxfoundation/sets/72157651931911042

We're very proud of what we've accomplished over the last 20 years, and
I'm pretty excited about the next 20. Thank you, every one of you, for
being part of this journey, whether you've been here one day or the
whole 20 years.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: Happy 20th Birthday, httpd

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 08:40:50 -0400
Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> For those that missed ApacheCon last week in Austin, I wanted to share a
> few things.
>
> This year marks the 20th birthday of the Apache httpd project

Pedantic point.  Not exactly.  The Apache HTTPD project came into
being with the ASF.  The project born in 1995 was a web server
just called "Apache".

OK, I guess you're right.  It's just the difference between
a maiden name and taking on your master's name ;)

--
Nick Kew